Sweet Potato Broccoli Cheddar Egg Cups
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 small sweet potatoes shredded
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 12 large egg
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with spray. Set aside.
- Squeeze moisture from sweet potatoes using a clean kitchen towel.
- Combine sweet potatoes and 2 tsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well.
- Divide sweet potato mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups; press sweet potato mixture into bottom and sides of muffin cups. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add onion mixture; mix well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups. Evenly sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.