ROASTED CORN, AVOCADO, TOMATO & GRAIN SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup brown rice cooked medium-grain or long-grain
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered (about 12 – 15)
- 1/2 medium cucumber diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set a nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet on high heat. Once hot, add the frozen corn and the bell pepper. Let the veggies rest in the skillet untouched for 1 – 3 minutes until a deep sear appears on the corn and peppers, then mix them together in the skillet using a spatula for another 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ALL of the ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with hot sauce, sea salt & pepper.