CHICKEN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SHEET PAN
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thyme + some additional sprigs**
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 3 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound butternut squash cubed
- 8 ounces green beans french
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 tbps Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- tbsp sea salt for brine
- In a bowl add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, fresh thyme (just pull off the leaves to equal 1 full tablespoon), oregano, garlic, paprika, and about 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk until completely combined and then add in all the squash. Stir until the squash is well coated in the oil and seasoning mix.
- Spread the squash pieces out in an even layer on a sheet pan and let cook, approx 350 for 20 minutes without stirring, so that they brown a bit on one side for about 4-5 minutes. Add in the green beans, a few extra springs of thyme, and then stir and spread the pieces out again.
- Let the veggies cook for 7-15 minutes depending on the desired tenderness and size of squash. The squash should be fork tender and beans should be crisp tender.
- To start, we’re going to brine the chicken, which helps to make sure it’s nice and juicy. To make the brine mix 1 tbsp of salt with two cups of water in a bowl big enough to hold the chicken and the water. Drop the chicken in, making sure it’s completely submerged, for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is brining prepare the herb mixture by finely mincing the rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Make sure to use fresh rosemary and thyme for this recipe; using fresh herbs makes a big difference in how the dish tastes. Mix the herbs and garlic together with the salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a paste.
- When the chicken has finished brining, take it out of the water, and pat dry with a paper towel. Spread the herb mixture over the whole chicken, making sure to get some under the skin.
- Roast the chicken in a baking dish at 400℉ for 32 to 36 minutes. The chicken is done when it is firm to the touch and cooked to 165℉. When you take it out of the oven cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.