Delicata Squash Boats with Cauliflower Bechamel
- 2 delicata squash
- salt & pepper
- 1 shallots
- ½ bell pepper
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sage
- 15 oz cannellini beans
- ¾ cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the cut sides of the squash with salt and pepper. Place the halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake until the squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Place the shallot and red pepper in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add the spinach, garlic, and sage and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the bread crumbs, nutritional yeast (if using), pine nuts, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Divide the bean mixture between the baked squash halves. Place the stuffed squash halves in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.