Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 large garlic ; cloves minced
- 2 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn ;frozen or fresh
- 2 large zucchini diced
- 14 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 14 oz canned tomatoes not drained
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Preheat large deep skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Stir, cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion and cilantro. Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice or quinoa.