Taco Casserole Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 large bell pepper (any color), halved and cored
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless skinless and shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 5 oz green chilis canned
- 1 cup black beans canned low sodium drained
- 1 1/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Slice open bell peppers and remove the insides. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment or aluminum foil, then lightly spray with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 400F to soften them.
- Cook Chicken in Crockpot with Salsa once cooked completely Pull the chicken apart, as best as possible, using forks, then add red onion, black beans, brown rice, green chiles and red enchilada sauce. Stir until it’s well mixed.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the chicken mixture, then add a few tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Place the pepper in a baking dish, then caver with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400F, or until the cheese has melted and turned brown.
- Enjoy each protein packed pepper with Greek yogurt, cilantro and jalapeño.