Empowered Edamame Noodle Bowl
FOR THE ORANGE-MAPLE MISO DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil toasted
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 ounces soba noodles gluten-free
- 8 ounce edamame bag frozen shelled thawed
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 2 cups purple cabbage
- 1/2 medium cucumber Seeded and diced, English
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 4 green onions chopped, plus more for serving
- Sesame seeds for serving
- Make the Orange-Maple Miso Dressing: In a mini or regular food processor, combine the miso, vinegar, sesame oil, tahini, orange juice, water, and maple syrup and process until well combined.
- Make the Salad: Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package. Be sure not to overcook them—they should only take 5 to 9 minutes, depending on the brand. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water.
- Add the edamame, bell pepper, cabbage, cucumber, carrot, green onions, to the bowl with the noodles and toss until well combined.
- Pour your desired amount of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. (Any leftover dressing will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Portion the salad into 2 bowls and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some green onions. Serve any leftover dressing on the side.