WW Turkey Spinach Lasagna
- 9 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups spinach chopped fresh
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 egg large
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 2 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes more, stirring to break up any large chunks of meat. Stir in tomato, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for 2 minutes and season to taste.
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese and egg in a large bowl.
- To assemble, arrange 3 noodles lengthwise in the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread with 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the turkey mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with remaining mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.