- ⅓ cup shallots minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
- ¾ cup celery finely diced
- ¾ cup carrots shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 large eggs large
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup parsley minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped fresh
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey 85%-lean
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and cauliflower rice; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery, carrots and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Stir in salt and pepper. Turn the mixture onto a plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl; whisk in milk, parsley, Worcestershire, thyme and cayenne. Stir in the cooled vegetables. Add turkey and gently but thoroughly mix with your hands or a spoon to combine. Shape the mixture into two loaves (about 6 by 3 inches each) on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each loaf with half the ketchup.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers at least 160 degrees F, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 1 1/2 pounds turnips
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Wash and peel the turnips. Remove the ends and cut the turnips into quarters.
- Add the turnips to a pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, cooking the turnips for about 35 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the liquid from the pot and turn off the heat. Add the almond milk.
- Use a potato masher to mash the turnips. For a smoother consistency, use an immersion blender to mash the turnips.
- Season with chives and garlic salt.
- Serve hot.