Portuguese Kale Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. turkey kielbasa sausage sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 leeks chopped, just white and light-green parts
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and discarded, torn (about 4 cups)
- 15 oz kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 14.5 oz tomatoes no added salt
- 6 cups chicken broth chicken or vegetable broth (low sodium)
- black pepper to taste; optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add kielbasa; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add garlic, leeks, and kale; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, broth, and pepper (if desired). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.