- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cups carrots chopped
- 1 lb. lentils sorted, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth vegetable or chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste; optional
- Heat oil in large, saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add lentils and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, at a gentle boil for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft. (Add additional warm water if soup becomes too thick.)
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.