Chicken, Apple, and Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 6½ tsp. olive oil divided use
- 15 oz. chicken breasts boneless, skinless, sliced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes peeled, sliced
- 1 cup apple peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups spinach torn or chopped
- 4 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pecan pieces toasted
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Slowly add 6 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended.
- Place one third vinegar mixture in resealable bag. Add chicken; mix well. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture for salad dressing.
- While chicken is marinating, combine sweet potato, apple, cinnamon, and remaining ½ tsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to blend. Place on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard used marinade.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lettuce, sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese, and pecans; toss gently to blend.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss gently to blend.