Rotisserie Chicken & Cabbage Soup
- 1 pound chicken breasts Breast chopped into large pieces to cook faster
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Celery Ribs chopped
- 1 cup onion Sweet
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup Carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 cps Cabbage chopped medium Head
- 1 cup peas Frozen
- 14 oz Tomato Sauce
- 6 cups chicken breasts or Vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- parsley Minced fresh
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown and no longer pink in the inside, about 10-12 minutes. Set aside on a chopping board and shred it with 2 forks.
- To the same pot add celery, carrots, green peppers, onions, and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken, cabbage, marinara sauce, and chicken stock. Stir well and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Add in frozen peas, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper, mix until well combined. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes more, just until peas are done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, then pour into warm bowls and serve.