- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup edamame thawed
- 1 kale stems removed and very finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatos
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 2 cup butternut squash
For lemon basil vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- salt & pepper to taste
- First, cook your quinoa: Add quinoa and water to a medium pot and place over high heat; bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat, fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer quinoa to a large bowl to cool down.
- Roast cubbed squash in over 400 until tender.
- To make dressing: place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dijon, honey (or agave), basil, and salt and pepper in blender. Pulse for 10-15 seconds; set aside. You can also whisk in a small bowl if you don’t have a blender (just make sure your basil is very finely chopped.)
- In large bowl add your kale and pour half of the dressing over. Use clean hands to massage the kale for about 3 minutes or until it breaks down. This allows the kale to take on the dressing flavors.
- Next add in quinoa, edamame, diced onion, and remaining lemon vinaigrette; toss so that the salad is fully coated.
- Before serving, toss salad again and add tomatoes, squash.
- Serves 4. Great for meal prep, or parties!