- olive oil
- ⅔ cup red onion
- 2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup pickles shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey at least 90% lean
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, reduced-fat
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour substitutes: oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- garnish Shredded Romaine Lettuce, Fresh Tomatos
- Set oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9×13 inch (23x33cm) baking dish—or even muffin pan—with olive oil spray.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil and set over medium heat. Add the onion and cauliflower rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the edges are seared but not burned. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Add Shredded Pickles (Relish) Set the meat aside and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, almond milk, tomato sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring along the way to ensure that it is all mixed together. If the batter is too thick, add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in the majority of the cheeses, saving the remaining portion for the top of the casserole.
- Spread the turkey mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish, then pour in the batter, ensuring that it’s evenly distributed. Add the remaining cheese to the top, along with a little cracked pepper.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Divide into four equally sized portions—or more if you’re making for children—garnish with shredded lettuce and diced tomatos and your favorite cheeseburger toppings, or enjoy with a plate of grilled veggies.